About Entergy Texas, Inc.
Providing clean, reliable and affordable power to Southeast Texas.
At a Glance
- 1,144 employees
- 1,214 retirees
- 27 counties / 15,320 square miles
- Approximately 417,000 customers*
- $103.8 million annual payroll
- Headquartered in Beaumont, Texas
- 341,905 utility distribution poles.
- 13,039 circuit miles of distribution lines.
- 2,646 circuit miles of transmission lines.
- 456 substations.
2011 donations and grants:
- Donated more than $998,216 in 266 grants to charitable nonprofit agencies.
- Donated more than $20,250 in grants for 4,930 of community service by employees.
- Donated $212,348 to United Way in 2011, not including corporate matching dollars.
Entergy Texas’ economic development efforts in 2011 invested $1.3 million in assisting communities, helping to create 2,162 jobs.
The company traces its roots to Gulf States Utilities, which merged with New Orleans-based Entergy Corp. in 1994. Following the merger, the company’s operations in Texas became known as Entergy Texas.
*As of 12/31/12